Homework: Homework will be assigned weekly, due before class on Friday.
- Homework 11. Due April 9.
- Homework 10. Due April 5 (note a new deadline).
- Homework 9. Due March 26.
- Homework 8. Due March 12.
- Homework 7. Due March 5.
- Homework 6. Due February 26.
- Homework 5. Due February 12.
- Homework 4. Due February 5. (A new version is posted on Jan 27, 9:45 AM
to fix a small typo in Problem 4.6)
- Homework 3. Due January 29 (A new version is posted on Jan 25, 9:30 AM
to fix a small typo in Problem 3.6).
- Homework 2. Due January 22.
- Homework 1. Due January 15.
- The work that is turned in for marking must be written up neatly and legibly with attention to the requirement of grammar and style that make writing easy to read and understand. This will generally involve, at the very least, one rough draft followed by a careful rewrite.
- Discussion of the assignments with classmates will be permitted but no collaboration of any kind on the write-ups will be tolerated. Students who allow copying of their work, as well as those who do the copying, will get zero for the assignment in question. In addition, other penalties may be imposed in keeping with the guidelines set out by Senate Regulations on Scholastic Offences.
- Homework submitted late will be marked at 50% of the total mark. No assignments will
be accepted after the homework is marked and returned to students.